Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 14, 2009


Sweet deal on the talk, I gave one too. A bit before the meeting started Brother C. came up and asked me to speak. I spoke on the restoration and our responsibility to share what we know with the world, in an attempt to get the members to get some references going or invite friends to come to church.
The past couple days I haven’t had a whole lot going on in the front end of missionary work . I've been confined to quarters, more or less trying to heal up an ingrown toenail, may need surgery. I’ll get back to you on that one. I had chance to do a little extra studying, launder the baptismal clothing and cook a bit extravagantly, (take today for example, think Uno's pizza, but ten times better without the nasty chunks of tomato, less grease and homegrown to boot. Twas exciting.) The pizza here in Brazil is a bit diff. then what we have in the states, and Elder J. made up a little spice magic to bring the whole thing together. All enjoyed the tuck immensely. Twas a lot of fun working with the yeast, watching my little baby dough grow...
Something I’ve been trying to get a better feel for here on the mission is how to effectively study, and I think it’s been improving. I want to get to the point where I can have stellar study every morning; where the world disappears and I'm just absorbed in the words of the scrips. I think that’s what is meant by feasting on the words of Christ, being able to study like that everyday . But what might obstruct that from happening? Outward distractions, music (practically always blasting in the plaza near our house ) mosquitoes, whatever, or an inward preparation. I don’t remember the scripture at the moment, but the principle /idea that we need to live up to the light we have now before we can expect more to come, and what a blessing it is that it only comes line upon line, precept upon precept. If it all came at once, overload, where to start? held responsible for it all , it would just be too much. And how do we live according to our light? Utilize our agency, till we've proven our faith in that area. Christ, through the spirit, changes our heart, and we can move on to the next level, a bit higher, and thus a bit more is seen that before was beyond the horizon ... make sense ?

Jacob

No comments: