Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 18, 2009

General Conference (check out www.lds.org for those who don’t know what this is on April 4th and 5th) here will be at the stake center (where my ward meets) and who knows, maybe I’ll get to see some of the Itapetinga crew, that’d be pretty cool,

Jamile's baptism was great, It seems that her family might be a bit more hesitant about exercising their faith like her, her sister has yet to follow through with her word, as does her mom, but on the upside one of her cousins went to church this last Sunday, and liked it, unfortunately there were some other boys his age who were messing around during sacrament meeting who I think detracted from his experience. We taught his mom once already, (with the big group of girls aforementioned) and met his father Monday night, he seems open to us coming by, welcoming in fact, but he was also a bit drunk, so that might have influenced things, they are a great family though, and I think Jamile will be a great help there, did I mention already how we were teaching her sister, and when her sister had doubts about committing to prepare to be baptized, Jamile raised her hands asked if she could share something she read in the book of Mormon 3Nephi 11,
33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.
34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned. (also in Marcus 16:16)
( I think she’s the first investigator I’ve ever seen 1st, mark scriptures she liked in the assigned chapters, and 2nd, "burn" a family member, as Elder M. would say, era da hora)

Elder M. went into the doctor, got some x-rays, had them read... and as a result received a nice shot in the backside... and it seems like not much has changed... don’t remember if I explained this, but it is a problem with a lack of cartilage so bone is against bone... not fun to say the least.

Kapoeira... tis a good time, maybe I’ll even come home with some of their crazy pants, more of less fluffy white pants... strange I know, but the sport of its self is pretty cool... as of yet I have only the basic movement down though, a good bit more time is needed, hope Elder D. and I will be in the same area another transfer...


Well, I guess that’s all I’ve got time for this week, but the address here to write letters directly to me (only while I’m here in Conquista) is Avenida Amazonas 690 Ibirapuera Casa 2 not sure about the zip code... should be easy to find online though... if you can't find it I'll try to find out/remember to bring it next week.

I know that God lives, that this is His gospel, and His church led by His prophet, through which we can hear His words, and be guided through the "more fertile parts of the wilderness" to the "promised land" of His Celestial Kingdom. In the name of Jesus Christ, amém.

Elder Jacob Pettit

No comments: