Thursday, July 8, 2010

June 16, 2010

Transfers will be next week. Monica was baptized his past week and her son Caiu will be baptized this coming Saturday. We are also helping an inactive mom come back to church and then we will baptize her son. We had what you might call an iceburg moment Monday night as she really opened up and finally told us about the problems she has had in her life, her true desire to go back to church, her worries and doubts and her desire to be a faithful follower of Christ. Her words made me think of just how much Satan uses doubt as a tool in our lives. How he also tries to stop us from beginning something great with thoughts and feelings of I'll never make it to the end, or I'm not worthy. That’s the importance of a firm foundation of Christ, if we are faithful, we can have the hope that we will be able to do our part and that God will do His if we continue acting in accordance with His will. Interesting to think of big buildings, there is usually a lot more material in the foundation under the ground then there is above...

I've been studying Humility read a scripture that I'd never seen in this light before. King Benjamin in the 4th (think) chapter of Mosiah tells us that we can remain humble through prayer and that the pure love of Christ is one of the blessings we receive as we humble ourselves. If we want to be humble we need to work on having fervent thankful prayers and if we want to be full of Charity we will need to be humble.


June 23, 2010

I was transferred this morning at 1 am, it was a long night/morning and I am now in Itabuna, area São Caetano. The transferencial cleaning has begun and once it’s done the house will be really nice which is always a plus...

I would have been happy staying in Amaralina as I really came to be friends with so many there and the way the work was progressing, it was easily one of my favorite areas on the mission and also one where I learned the most.

Elder N. is my new comp here. I am really looking forward to working with him and helping the Lord's work move on here in this city and a neighboring city called Jequié.

Don't have a whole lot of time today though as we will be having a meeting with the Mission leader here in a little bit but I love you all and will send more next week.

Love,

Elder Pettit

No comments: