Friday, November 14, 2008

Time has never passed so quickly, great news about prop 8, sounds like things are getting pretty intense though. How close was it? btw I hear Obama got elected, true?

It seems if you send a package with a picture of Christ on it they get through safer, just an idea, though so far it seems I've been blessed to have things arrive.

Well, let's see, the week at a glance, busy as usual. We're beginning to get into the third lesson in Portuguese, and the language is def. getting better. It's kind of nice to have the Spanish I took pay off in sentence structure and pronunciation, it's really been of help as I haven't had to memorize lessons/phrases as some have. I've been blessed to be able to just take the grammar and vocab together and speak a bit easier, not to mention as times go along, the previous experience just keeps getting built up and added on more and more. (line upon line precept upon precept eh?) I love the spirit that comes even in just practicing the lessons and can't wait to get out there to begin inviting others to come unto Christ. It's amazing the amount you learn in just two months when in the work of the Lord. It took me several years to get less comprehension then this in Spanish. Two Sundays ago I got called to be the new district leader as Elder W is now the Assistant to the president. It's great the way the Lord knows and looks out for us. Around that time I was really struggling out here, not out of a doubtfulness as to the truth of the gospel, but my capacity to perform as the Lord needs me to, pertaining to faults of my own. I had been praying about it and felt that this was a bit of a vote of confidence from Him, a "yes, now go and do" (Nephi 3:7) It's been a great opportunity to grow spiritually, emotionally, and in my capacity to lead in the Lord's hands as well, ( I think back to my blessing when I was set apart) I've gotta get going though as time as running out.

No comments: