Saturday, November 8, 2008

OI! OI! OI!!!
Sounds like a mad house, stolen signs, Obama winning, and I heard some stuff about the economy being pretty scary for a bit to boot. ( though word on the street has it that gas prices are down... that true?

Let’s see, where to start... Proselyting, twas a great experience, though I think it was harder to do the second time than the first, though I've learned more of the language, I feel like I understood less, we talked to a man named Luigi though, and had a great experience. It’s interesting as I go out to proselyte, I feel a need to talk to so many people and yet at the same time feel kinda nervous about approaching them, But that’s the trick, just facing the fear, I was reading in the bible the other day, and forget the reference now, but in John... something, we are told the Lord Doesn't give us feelings of fear, and I think the more fear you have to do something, particularly where sharing the Gospel is concerned, the more important it is that we do it.
I'm a real big fan of the quote you sent this week, (“discipline is the difference between goal and accomplishments’) it’s so true, and I think that’s half the battle here in the MTc, learning how to plan, and then complete, if you can master that, a whole lot more becomes possible. Ayway, back to Luigi, after we said hello one of the first things out of his mouth was, why me? Which for the moment seemed like a rather interesting and negative response, but as he continued on, he told us of how he used to be rich, had a wife, nice house, cars, and now he has nothing. His name is dirty, he's going in for a second heart surgery and he feels that God is the only one he can turn to, (he spoke some english, btw) He also told us how he felt God was looking out for him and that us talking to him confirmed the feeling. It’s great to be a part of God's work here and I can't wait to get out in the field to be doing stuff like that and teaching every day. That’s one of the greatest parts here, the more we learn the doctrine, and the more comfortable we become with teaching it, the less we worry about how we say things and the more able we are to feel the spirit and be directed. The spirit comes so strongly even in practice situations with the brothers or sisters that teach us here. Guess that’s its job though right? To teach, testify, bring peace and confirm truths. Gtg though, times up. Love and miss you all.

Your son, friend, and fellow elder,

Jacob

No comments: