Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 10, 2010

Don’t have a whole lot of time today but I'm really liking this area though we have been having difficulty in finding people interested in the gospel. We are keeping in mind though that while we are being obedient to the rules and God's commandments that the difficulties we face are according to the will of God so that we can learn and grow. In this light we are trying to bring our lives closer to the standards the Lord has set forth for us as His Sons and representatives. I am feeling a greater desire here in the field to grow closer to the Lord and be more responsive to the Spirit, a feeling I wish and need to feel for the rest of my mission and life. I am currently in Itapuã in the Imbui stake here in Salvador. The ward members seem really excited in general and have a desire to help with the work. Even though we weren't really expecting o have any investigators show up to sacrament meeting we came to know of part member families and we have already started teaching two of the three this week. I find inspiration and a greater perspective of the gospel of Christ as I come to know these families and think of how prevalent the doctrine of eternal families must be for them as they have members of their immediate family still unbaptized and unsealed to them. It is inspirational as well to think of one of these sisters, who has recently started working on her genealogy as a result of her testimony and her desire to have an eternal family, even traveling to the interior to talk with people who knew her relatives. Well, I need to go but I love you all and know this is God's work.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amém.

Elder Pettit

No comments: