Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 17, 2010

Life here in the field is good though the results aren’t immediate in coming. We are currently working with an unmarried couple who are progressing slowly in their reading of the Book of Mormon (though the wife is really the only one reading as of yet I think) and another family who really seem quite excited about the gospel though they will have to get married before being baptized as well. We also were led to another woman who is extremely excited to know if the church is true. We taught her husband and a good number of family members though she seemed to be the only one who was really into the message. Recently Elder P. and I have have been trying to narrow in on how we can have the Spirit's influence stronger in our lessons and something we have been finding is the simpler we say things and the less "fluff" we throw in the better. A principle taught all over Preach My Gospel (PMG) but I just hadn't applied it. I feel like I haven’t used PMG as much as I could or should have here on the mission and am working on changing that around.

I know God Lives and this is His work, that through the prophet Joseph Smith He restored His gospel in its fullness and I feel that as we teach these principles each day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amém.

Elder Pettit