Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Way to much to say but first I need to thank all for letters, Br Gordon Charles Laura and Elizabeth, sorry I don't have time to reply to each individually, but I have so many I haven't even been able to read all of them yet.... questions though...

How does exercise fit in? We have gym every other day and can use the gym on p day, there's a mini track (14 laps to a mile i think) a weight room, volley ball courts and basketball courts, no frisbee though which is to bad, but tis a good time still.
How many missionaries are there at one time? not sure, a bunch
Where will Elder Hernandez serve? Salvador South
How are the rooms set up? bunk beds a closet for each a safe for each and three desks for six people...not sure how that last one worked out, but I guess we're supposed to study mostly in the class room anyway...

I've had a pretty good week since we last talked, conference messages that really stuck out were looking outwards, strict planning and never giving in to Satan, faith is not a feeling, it's a decision, store deep the spiritual experiences you receive, (I've found this one to be particularly true, just as Satan sent questioning feelings around the Nephites after the sign of Christ's birth, he does the same when we have spiritual experiences.

Had a good insight in Alma 37 (for those who aren't members of our church reading this, Alma is found in the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ)yesterday around the end basically reiterates how I need to be diligent and exercise faith for miracles to happen in and through me. Currently trying to work on "being diligent unto prayer", and seeking to recognize and strictly/courageously follow promptings I receive, and I'm out of time already, hope to get the reading to writing balance down soon enough, other big news, we go tracting downtown on Friday, I'm excited to say the least, and a bit nervous as you might expect, but if I am prepared I know the Lord will help me.

Love you all, Eu sei que este evangelho é vedadeiro e nós temos um profeta vivo. em nome de jesus Cristo amém.

Elder Pettit

No comments: